Peanut Butter Special K-Bars
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (melted)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, combine the peanut butter, honey, syrup and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture begins to bubble, and the sugar has dissolved, about 4 minutes (no let the peanut butter burn). Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the cornflakes. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Put the chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-seconds intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Spread the chocolate in an even layer over the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to harden at least 2 hours.
Categories: Snacks & Beverages