Easy Pulled Pork Sandwich-Taco Recipe
For the Pork Rub
- 8 1/2 lbs. bone-in pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbs onion powder
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tbs paprika
- i tbs kosher salt
- 2 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbs chili powder
- 1/4 tbs cayenne powder
For the Braising Liquid
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 onions
- 3 plum tomatoes
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. Cut pork into 4 equal pieces and rub with the spice mixture. Put the rubbed pork in the fridge overnight.
- Combine the rest of ingredients in the pressure cooker and add the pork. Bring to High pressure and cook for 1 hour. The meat should easily pull apart. If it is still tough, return to high pressure for 10 minutes more.
- When done, remove from the pressure cooker and then pull it apart using two forks. Pass the liquid through a strainer into a sauce pan and reduce, combine it with your pulled meat and stir well. Taste it and add more salt if you need.
- Prepare like you prefer in sandwich or tacos.
Categories: Soup, Salads & Sandwiches