1. When a chocolate cake calls for the pan to be greases and floured, use baking cocoa instead of flour so there’s no white powder on the bottom or edges.
2. Use dry measures for dry ingredients and use glass measuring cup for liquids to ensure the most accurate amounts.
3. Bring eggs to room temperature for higher, fluffier cakes.
4. When use cake mix packets, add one more egg to ingredients for better taste.
5. Always use the middle rack in a preheated oven when baking.
6. Cake with whipped cream frosting need to chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving so they can absorb the cream for maximum flavor. Also, be sure to cover your cake before refrigerating, since whipped cream absorbs other flavors.
7. For a lighter, more tender angel food cake, always sift the flour and sugar mixture together several times, and make sure not to over beat the egg whites.
8. Grease pan with unsalted butter instead oil.
9. Add a tablespoon of grated orange or lemon peel to a chocolate cake for a delicious flavor.
10. To soften butter (or cream cheese) more naturally and quickly, place it in an oven-proof dish for 5 minutes in the oven as it is preheating. To melt the butter, wait just a little longer.
Categories: Tips and Tricks.