Arroz con Pollo or Yellow Chicken Rice
- 3 pound of chicken, cut up
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 can (8.5 oz.) Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8.5 oz.) green peas, drained
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup chicken both
- 1 packet Goya seasoning with Cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In 6-quart heavy saucepan, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat; when golden brown add tomatoes, Goya seasoning, garlic and chicken broth; cover and cook over low heat about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add the rice, red pepper, onion and green peas, stir. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, then keep over low heat for other 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
Categories: Main dishes