Jalapeño bean dip
- 2 pounds ground beef.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce.
- 1 tomato, cubed.
- 1 can (15 oz.) chili beans, undrained.
- 1 can (8 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, chopped.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 1 package (16 oz.) corn chips.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans and jalapeno peppers; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and cayenne. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. To serve, spoon beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheese and cubed tomato and top with sour cream, or if prefer serve like a dip.
Categories: Snacks & Beverages