Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- 1 tbs minced garlic.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped.
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil.
- 1 can (28 oz.) roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, cut into cubes.
- 2 cup milk.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Heat a saucepan over medium- high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and bell pepper; saute 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add basil and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Place mixture in blender; blend until smooth. Return to pan, stir in milk, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes.
Categories: Soup, Salads & Sandwiches