Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Bites
For the Rolls
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent roll dough.
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 3/4 cup golden raisins (optional).
For the Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar.
- 2 tbs milk.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Open a can of dough and separate it into 4 rectangles. You will see the dough stamped into triangles, but instead of tearing it into those triangles, press the perforations in the dough together, joining the triangles to form 4 rectangles. Repeat with the second can of dough for a total of 8 rectangles. Spread the butter on the dough rectangles.
- Place the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the buttered rectangles of dough. If desired , press the raisins into the dough. Starting from a short end, roll each rectangle of dough up into a cylinder. Cut each roll into 5 equal slices.
- Place the slices cut side down in an ungreased 13 x 9 inch metal baking pan. bake the rolls until they are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the rolls cool in the baking pan while you make the glaze.
- Place the confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl and whisk in the milk. Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze over the warm rolls.
Categories: Breakfast & Brunch