Sweet and Sour Baby Back Ribs
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- 3 tbs white vinegar.
- 1 tbs ketchup.
- 1 tbs soy sauce.
- 3 pound baby back ribs, chopped.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 1 tbs vegetable oil.
- 1 green pepper, chopped.
- 5 tsp cornstarch.
- 2 tbs cold water.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl combine the maple syrup, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and reserved juice; set aside.
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the pork in oil for 10 minutes or until pork is browned. Add green pepper and garlic; stir-fry for 4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Stir in pineapple juice mixture; bring to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the reserved pineapple; heat through.
Categories: Main dishes