Chicken, Avocado & Chipotle Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock.
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 1-2 dried chipotle chilies, cut into very thin strips if you prefer.
- 1 avocado.
- 1 can (16 oz.) Chickpeas or Garbanzos, drained.
- lime or lemon juice, for tossing.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast meat, cut into shreds or thin strips.
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1 lime, cut into wedges or sliced.
- tortilla strips.
- Sour Cream.
- White Cheese, cut in cubes.
- Place the stock in a large pan with the garlic, chickpeas and chilies and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado in half around the pit. Twist apart, then remove the pit with a knife. Carefully peel off the skin, diced the flesh, and toss in lime juice to prevent discoloration.
- Arrange the onion, chicken, avocado, and cilantro in the bottom of four soup bowls. Ladle hot stock over and serve with lime and a handful of tortilla chips or other garnish options.
Categories: Soup, Salads & Sandwiches