Quinoa Salad with Cucumber & Orange
- 1 1/3 cups Quinoa.
- 3 1/2 cups water.
- 1 each red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, diced.
- 1/2 cucumber, diced.
- 1 orange, peeled, pith removed, and cubed.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks.
- 1 onion, very finely chopped.
- 2 cup spinach, chopped.
- Generous handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 tsp salt.
For the Dressing
- 2 clove garlic.
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar.
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Put the Quinoa, water and salt into a large pan and bring to a boil. Stir, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the quinoa is firm to the bite. Uncover the quinoa for the last 10 minutes of cooking to let any excess water evaporate.
- Meanwhile put the garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a blender for 5 minutes to make the dressing.
- Drain the rice and turn into a large bowl. Then mix in the chopped bell pepper, cucumber, orange, tomatoes, onion, parsley, and dressing.
- Serve over chopped spinach or mix in it. (Optional)
Categories: Soup, Salads & Sandwiches