New York Style Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- 2 tsp cornstarch.
- 1 tbsp cold water.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares).
- 2 tbsp sugar.
- 2 tbsp butter, melted.
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened.
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten.
- In a saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water, stir into the strawberries mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature and then transfer to a blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine the crumbs ans sugar in a small bowl; stir in the butter. Press onto the bottom of greased 9-in. spring-form pan. Place pan on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the sugar and flour; add to the creamed mixture, beating until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Drizzle with strawberries mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Place pan on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Cool at room temperature and then refrigerate.