Spanish Style Garden Vegetable Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1/2 onion, chopped.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 diced tomato.
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, undrained .
- 1 tsp chili powder.
- 1/8 tsp salt.
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked.
- 1 bag (16 oz.) mixed vegetables.
- In a saucepan add the olive oil, bell pepper, onion and garlic; saute until crisp-tender over medium-high heat.
- Stir in tomato, green chilies, chicken broth, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add rice and vegetables. Stir and cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, then remove and serve.
Categories: Side Dishes