Spinach & Mushroom Chimichangas
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped.
- 1 can (9 oz.) Fritos beans dip.
- 1 tomato, finely chopped.
- 8 oz. small mushrooms, finely sliced.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 9 oz. spinach leaves, torn into pieces.
- 6 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated.
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed for folding.
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottom skillet. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the tomato and Fritos beans and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add Mushrooms and garlic and cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned then add the spinach and cook stirring until just wilted. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Spoon an equal quantity of the mixture unto the center of each tortilla. Fold in two opposite sides of each tortilla to cover the filling, then roll up to enclose it completely.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying at 350°F and fry the chimichangas only two at a time for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Categories: Breakfast & Brunch